Fire in the hole!


 

I am very, very glad that I have 4 radiation appointments left instead of 12…

I have now been put on prescription burn cream to help prevent infection if any of my blisters open. So far, my skin has stayed intact, but it’s definitely getting more and more damaged and painful. The doctor said that it could start healing as soon as radiation is finished, it could stay about the same and start to heal in a couple of weeks, or… it could continue to get worse for a couple of weeks and THEN start healing. I’m definitely hoping for the first scenario, but IM prepared for whatever happens.

The lower portion of my armpit is the most painful. You can see the rectangular area that’s pretty dark near the intersection of armpit and sideboob… that’s the spot and it’s pretty rough. The rest of it is pretty tolerable, though still annoying.I also have burns on my back because the “beam” goes all the way through my body, but the area on my back is not painful. 

I see Dr. Joyce for my medical oncology follow-up tomorrow. I’ll make a new post if there’s anything to report. I just wanted to document the radiation as it’s worsening. Most people don’t really know what radiation is like. I thought I had the general idea, but it’s a lot different than I would’ve thought. I’m hanging in, though!

Comments