Goodbye Sober Day

 


The fun continued this week as I got to spend time with Tammy, who was worse than ever (f* you, Tammy!), had my mri guided biopsy, had a clip placed in the left mass, had a wire placed in the positive right lymph node, had another mammogram, met with plastic surgery, had a couple more anxiety attacks, and finally, today, got the left biopsy results back.

I’m not sure how to feel about the biopsy results. I mean, they’re not great- it *is* more cancer… but it also doesn’t really change anything??

The left mass is ductal carcinoma in situ. It is considered grade 1, stage 0. It is cancer, but it is not aggressive, and it is “self-contained” within the duct. It is not spreading. It does not change my prognosis or my current staging (stage 2). Because I had already decided to do the double mastectomy, it does not change my plan and, if anything, confirms that my intuition to go with the double was right. The only part of the surgical plan that changes is that she will also do a sentinel node biopsy on the left side, rather than just the right. She will then also remove the positive node on the right side, and check a few others.

A couple of weeks after the mastectomy I go back to surgery for the placement of a port (for chemo). If any of the additional lymph nodes end up being positive, she will remove the rest during the port surgery. I like this plan, as it gives me a little window to feel more confident that my lymph nodes are all good.

I could talk about more things, but today has been a rough day, so I’m just going to leave it here. This is all of the most important information, for now.


Comments

  1. Hang in there, my friend. I’m glad you’re feeling better after the sickness of last week. Hugs from Indy, Keppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, my friend. I’m glad you’re feeling better after the sickness of last week. Hugs from Indy, Keppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, my friend. I’m glad you’re feeling better after the sickness of last week. Hugs from Indy, Keppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs! I don't have any right words but I'm thinking about you all the time ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment