Pincushion



 Last week got worse before it got better. Technically, last week never did, but I’m (finally) ok now.

I ended up in the ER on 2 different days, and in the cancer infusion center for IV fluids 2 other days. I was very, very sick. I finally ate more than just a few crackers and a banana yesterday, but i barely ate or slept for a week. It’s been a very stressful time. If you see my husband, be extra nice to him…

It isn’t 100% confirmed, but my doctors believe that a medication I take interacted with the contrast dye from my CT scan last week. I called the facility that did the test and they said that my sickness could not possibly be related… but the ER doc, my oncologist, and my primary doctor all disagree. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, that’s why I’ve been MIA. Tomorrow, we finally do what we couldn’t do last week- the MRI guided biopsy (f* you, Tammy!). I will also have a wire placed in the positive lymph node so that the surgeon makes sure that one gets removed. I am then having another mammogram, and then meeting with the plastic surgeon to discuss/finalize the reconstruction plan. Finally, after all of that, we have a meeting to go over all of the specifics for surgery.

My double mastectomy and the first phase of reconstruction is scheduled for October 27th. 

Comments