Screw You, Tammy, the sequel.


 

This week has been extremely difficult. I had the absolute worst anxiety/panic attack I’ve ever had on Monday night. If you know the story of Patton’s birth and first few months in the hospital…then you know a panic attack that tops that is no joke.

Yesterday, we went to Paoli for my CT scan to see if the cancer has spread. The staff was really nice, but as always, placing my IV was extremely challenging . And, we had additional problems getting the contrast to go into the IV once it was finally placed. 

Prior to the appointment, I was supposed to fast from all foods and liquids. I assumed this was for visuals on the scan.

I assumed WRONG.

First, let me just ease your minds- the scans were clear!! My lungs, liver, and bones all look good, and that’s what she was most concerned about. This is extremely good news!

But back to the fasting… So, apparently they had me fast because I had to drink a big cup of barium mixed with juice, and apparently that makes people sick, sometimes. I did not get sick yesterday, but I didn’t feel like eating after. I also didn’t eat much the night before, because of the severe anxiety.

This morning, I was supposed to go to Indy for an ultrasound check of my left lymph nodes, the mri-guided biopsy of my left breast, and then a plastic surgery consultation. I woke up around 5:00, and didn’t feel very good. I officially got up (after a few trips to the bathroom and a few doses of pepto) at 7 so we could leave for the appointment at 8. Lots more pepto and lots more trips to the bathroom before we left. I was able to white-knuckle it all the way to Indy, but ultimately, I was too sick for my appointments. I was able to get the lymph nodes ultrasound, and it looks good (!), but I have to go back next Wednesday for the biopsy and plastics consult.

I very much hate to wait another week, which will postpone the start of actual treatment, but there was just no way I could stay perfectly still in an mri machine for 20 minutes (likely more). I hate it that Brant had to drive me up there, and Patton’s nurse had to come in early, and then I didn’t even do what I went there to do! But good ol’ Tammy tried to pressure me into going ahead with it, and the more she pushed, the more certain I was that it was a terrible idea. She could barely get an IV placed when I was hydrated and hadn’t just been stuck in the exact same place the day before, let alone dehydrated, shaking, and siiiiick!

She told me it would be a while before she could get me back in, blah, blah, blah (f* you, Tammy!), but for some reason she had a change of heart after talking to my doctor. 😋

Anyway, I definitely made the right choice. I’ve been just as sick since I got home. My oncologist called in a prescription for me that Brant will pick up after work. I’ve only been able to get down a few sips of Gatorade, so far, so I’m definitely hoping the meds will help. I am going to see if I can stand up now, and if I can, I’m going to go say “hi” to my sweet boy who has been home for over an hour. Too sick to give Patton welcome home kisses is TOO SICK!

So yeah, I haven’t gotten any bad news, but it’s been a really, really rough week. I hope to take it easy for a few days and then get this show on the road!

Comments

  1. Glad for the good news. Sorry you still feel bad. Too bad Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy can suck it lol. Hope you’re feeling better soon!! - Keppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy can suck it lol. Hope you’re feeling better soon!! - Keppy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment