A small victory

 

I don’t have anything  medical to report. I still haven’t heard a word about my mammaprint results or the plan going forward. I’m stuck in limbo, and  I’m ready to just do whatever it is that I have to do so that I can eventually be on the other side of this thing. But I can’t… because I’m just stuck waiting.

What I do have news about is that today marks 6 weeks since surgery, and I am cleared to basically do whatever the hell I want. So, I did my first workout!!! I opted for cardio. It was short- I only did about 20 minutes, but I didn’t die! I was able to get through it all, and even use my arms. I was also given clearance to bear weight on my arms, so I tried a plank, just to see what would happen. I’ve definitely lost a LOT of strength, but I was able to do it for a short amount of time, and didn’t have any significant pain. It was a tiny bit uncomfortable, but I was much too thrilled to care. I would also like to say that I’m pretty  proud of myself for wrestling both into a sports bra, and then OUT of a (SWEATY!!) sports bra, which was not a particularly easy feat before surgery! 😆

Comments