Easy

 


I have completed one full cycle of chemo, and get my second infusion tomorrow. After round 1, I had a terrifying “psychotic break” episode from the steroids, so they will not be giving me take-home steroids this round. I had one day of excruciating pain from the neulasta injection, but it was relieved by prescription strength ibuprofen. Most days, I had some low level, underlying nausea, but it was fairly tolerable. I was starving ALL THE TIME from the steroids, and also have had swelling, so I’ve gained more than 10 pounds very quickly. I have had some difficulty sleeping, and lots of hot flashes, as the chemo very rapidly sent me into “chemopause”.

Overall, though, I’ve done… great??! I was kind of scared to do anything because I was “supposed” to have no energy and get winded and all kinds of other terrible things, but today I did a full on workout and it went fine! I even did 20 minutes in my peak heart rate zone!

I had my labs drawn this morning to make sure my body is healthy enough to have my infusion tomorrow. I saw my results online and all of my bloodwork looks good! I’m all set for tomorrow morning, and very glad to be getting in before whatever weatherpocalypse is coming is in full force...

I don’t know if I’ll be lucky enough to do this well for the other rounds, but so far, so good!! 

One down, seven more to go…

Comments