When the stars begin to fall

 I don’t have much to say today. My hair is falling out, which was, of course, expected, but I didn’t realize that it would be such an ongoing process. I guess I thought that, once it was going, it would mostly just GO? Like, pretty much all at once? But it’s more of a constant. I tried to “wash it off” in the shower, but it just kept coming off and coming off and sticking all over me. I wear a hat to keep it from covering the whole house, but now I just have a reeeeeal comfortable hat full of hair…It just sucks.


This is the shower drain. Luckily I had a pop up drain cover to help keep it ALL from going down the drain. You can’t tell from the pic, but the cover is much larger than the actual drain.

My “hair” looks really terrible now.





I’m not supposed to shave with a razor because of the risk of knicks. My immune system is extremely compromised due to the chemo so that would be an unnecessary risk. Shaving it even shorter with the clippers won’t help, and waxing is not advised.  So… I’m stuck with this until it’s finally all gone.


I am feeling better than I was over the weekend. I fixed the kitchen sink. I paid a giant medical bill. I worked out. I got Patton off the bus and I think convinced him that everything is fine. (I’ve kept my hat on around him, so far.) All of it was hard, but I did it.

 It’s been a day.

Comments