Howlie

 


Today was the day!!! I am beyond thrilled to be done with radiation. I can’t imagine if I had to go back for 8 more sessions,  because this is what it looks like today. (Above pic was basically shared to prove that I’m ok, because the upcoming pics are BAD…)





My skin is fried and blistered. It is so itchy I can barely stand it. There are places that literally feel like beef jerky. It’s awful. It goes through the front and there are burns to my back. I have chills. I am exhausted and suffering, but I am done!

It could get worse over time. The doctor was hopeful that I will be one of the lucky ones who starts healing right away, but he’s concerned I will be a “peaker”. That means it could continue to get worse over the next few weeks. I desperately hope that will not be the case.

Anyway, I rang the bell (with some help):


And I paid farewell to the radiation center in a highly appropriate way that would make my Grandma proud:


😆

We were looking forward to a “break” before the next phase of treatment begins, but there’s some other stuff going on, so if you see Brant be extra nice to him! We are going to celebrate the end of radiation as well as Ethan’s birthday tonight, though! I am extremely uncomfortable, so wish me luck that I will be distracted enough to not notice the pain and itching tonight and that it will improve a little by tomorrow.🤞



Comments

  1. You are so brave. I’m sorry about the radiation irritation! It looks so uncomfortable. You got this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are done with treatment, I wish you continued progress in your healing ❤️‍🩹.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment