King for a day

 


Before I started chemo last winter, I decided that I was going to do something really special for myself after the “active” part of treatment was over. I clarify “active”, because hormonal treatment will continue for 7 more years, and the risk of recurrence is forever. Anyway, I happened across some images of Puscifer themed cookies on Instagram, and knew instantly that I wanted my special thing to be Mike Patton cookies.

I contacted the artist- Elisa at https://instagram.com/sugarthatrocks?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

and we made plans for mid-July cookies. That would coincide with both the end of treatment AND my birthday, so it was perfect! 

The cookies arrived yesterday. She added a special #f*uckcancer one because… well, let’s be honest… it’s a FACT…

They came in an artist-designed box that made me laugh. 😆



MP does a video series of Spanish “words of the day”, which is a deep dive for anyone who isn’t a dedicated fan, and Elisa included a card based on this- very thoughtful and creative!!!




The cookies are absolutely gorgeous, and I LOVE them!! There was a lot of indecision on my part, because I didn’t want to eat them. They are literal works of art!! And, if I keep them in the cellophane they will last forever! But then I realized that, if cancer has taught me anything, it’s that I should reassess whether “saving” things is really better than enjoying them in the moment. I decided that I would eat them (not all at once…😆), and each year as I (🤞) continue to avoid recurrence, I’ll order more!

 FYI, they are delicious!!







Not only did I get my cookies yesterday, but Mike Patton also reappeared! A new Dead Cross song/video was released, a brand new pic and a brand new video of Mike circulated on social media, and he did an interview about his mental health struggles throughout the pandemic and beyond. He also discussed the fact that one of the Dead Cross members (Michael Crain) was also undergoing cancer treatment recently! In all of the excitement, Dead Cross was very active on social media, and I woke up to these accounts ♥️-ing my IG post about the cookies!! I don’t care too much about “likes”, but this gave me some warm fuzzies, for sure! 😍🤘🤘🤘


I don’t have anything new to report, medically. I will be sharing a blog soon that I’ve been thinking about for some time, but I’m still doing my research on that. For now, I’m just continuing to heal, and learning to live with the joint pain, fatigue, and brain fog that I *hope* are temporary. Otherwise, I’m doing quite well!






Comments