Retrovertigo

 


Receipt of my repeat Signatera test was confirmed on 10/28. I was told that results would be available within 5-7 business days. I guess it’s going to be the full 7, because I do not have the results yet. I was also told that I would be signed up for the “patient portal”, but I guess there isn’t one?? Last time I did receive the results via email, so hopefully I will still get them as soon as they become available.

I had hoped to have an answer before the weekend, because we had a big weekend planned, but it just didn’t work out. We still had a great time though, and it was a pretty good distraction, too!

My friend Jim recently got married and they had a party this weekend in Louisville. We went down there Friday evening, and my BFF Tabitha lives about 20 minutes away, so she and her family joined us for dinner that night! My friend Chris is also friends with Jim and he drove up from Tennessee for the event. He got in later and joined us and the Underwoods in time for dessert!

Chris stayed at the same hotel as us, and Saturday we went out for brunch and visited the studio of an old glass blowing friend of his who has a shop in Louisville. It was a cool place and now I’ve  planned a VERY expensive shower in my head… 😆




We did a little shopping at World Market, where Brant and Chris bonded over hot sauce, spicy ramen, and unique Kit Kat flavors. They enjoyed the attention they got from people who assumed they were a gay couple- a particularly kind and selfless gay couple who obviously  adopted a poor, pitiful, disabled child (Patton was bored so he just chewed on his mitts and stared into space)…I think they are now in love and might eventually run away together.


The wedding celebration took place that evening at Flanagan’s Ale House. I saw Jim for the first time in a few years and finally got to meet his wife, Nikki! Jim had to make the rounds, of course, but it was still a nice visit and we had a great time. I’ve been friends with these two assholes for 30 years!!! It blows my mind…




This morning we all met up for brunch at Highland Morning (mmmmm🤤), where we got to spend some actual quality time with Jim and had the opportunity to get to know his new bride. Not that Jim has ever cared what anybody thinks of anything 😂, but we all definitely “approve” and are so happy for them! Patton was incredibly pleased with his loaded baked potato omelet, and ended up in a food coma. 😆




We said our goodbyes after brunch, then headed over to Tabitha and Dave’s for an extremely overdue quality visit, which is always amazing. I have been friends with Tabitha since before I met Brant, so almost as long as the assholes mentioned above! We always jump back in like no time has passed, and I am extremely grateful to have that.
I am also extremely grateful that her husband and kid are awesome, too, so it’s never hard to “integrate” our families for a visit. I’m just a very lucky person.





Anyway, I should get my results tomorrow (I’ll be pretty mad if I don’t…). I don’t know what’s going to happen, and it might be bad, but this weekend has been amazing. So, no matter what happens, at least I’m going into it from a really good place. 

Comments