Jacob

I don’t have any new information, results,  or updates today. I have been trying to cope with everything, but it’s all very overwhelming, and I am failing. 

This morning one of Patton’s longtime
friends/classmates died. He has lost a few classmates, and it’s always awful, but there are a few extra-special ones that we’ve grown attached to over the years, and Jacob was definitely one of them. 

I know how lucky I am to have Patton. I never, ever take it for granted, and I live in perpetual terror and gratitude for his health and safety. I am distraught and heartbroken over the loss of Jacob, and forced to face another layer of the fragility of… everything… It’s just all too much right now.

Anyway, I know I am all over the place, and this is far from the kind of tribute that Jacob deserves, but I wanted to acknowledge him in some way. He has always been a very special boy and the world is lesser without him.

Comments

Post a Comment