NOPE




 I had a tele-med appointment with my primary care physician today. I wanted to let her know about EVERYTHING that has happened, and the symptoms I’ve been having since July. I was careful to be clear that, for the most part, they are all symptoms that I have experienced at other times in my life (for totally non-cancer issues). Hormonal shifts, medication changes, neck problems, my c-section scar, etc. have all caused various and similar issues over the years. But some of them have been unusually consistent for several weeks now, so I wanted to make sure it’s documented.


We also discussed the issues I’ve specifically had with SIRA. My doctor is well aware of how poorly I cope with medical professionals who don’t listen and who don’t take my concerns seriously. It has happened many, many times in my life, and (for anyone who didn’t know) is the exact reason that my son has disabilities that will leave him fully dependent upon others, forever. If you aren’t being listened to, and you know something’s not right, don’t let anyone bully you into being dismissed. It’s better to be wrong and “crazy” than right and really sick/disabled/dead!

My doc asked if I would be willing to go someplace else. I said that I would, but that I didn’t want to wait longer for testing. I may have already waited weeks, if not months, and if it’s cancer then that seems… bad. She asked if I would be willing to go to Indy if they could get me in as soon or sooner than SIRA. She said that SIRA would likely do a perfectly fine job, but if it is cancer, then I would have to rely on them to arrange/coordinate all of that subsequent care, and she felt that I would never really feel comfortable with them. And she was exactly right, so I agreed.

Anyway, believe it or not… TOMORROW I am having the biopsy done in Indy! So far, I’ve felt really comfortable with them, and they will let my family come with me!! (SIRA would not.)

I am definitely terrified, but I am feeling much better about the whole process, overall. I called SIRA to cancel my appointments, and the nurse’s tone changed to a fake, syrupy sweet one as she said “and are you going somewhere else, may I ask?”… Ugh… I immediately felt comfortable with my decision. I hope I can NOPE right on outta SIRA forever.

Comments