Something is something.


Ok, well, I ended up getting the results early… sort of. I mean, I do have cancer- it is invasive ductal carcinoma, and it is “grade 2”, but  I don’t really know anything else.

Grade 2 is not the same thing as Stage 2, I don’t know yet what stage I have. Grade 2 is based solely on the type of cancer cells I have- how mutated they are, how fast they are dividing, etc. The “best kind” of cells would be grade 1, and the worst grade 3. I’m in limbo-land... 

Stages refer to the degree of  spreading (or hopefully not?) that has already occurred, which is currently unknown. It is of a type that is likely to spread to a lymph node, so they are going to get an ultrasound of the nearest lymph node tomorrow. After the ultrasound, I will have a meeting with the doctor to go over everything. I assume the ultrasound will determine the next steps.

Obviously cancer is not good, but I don’t know how bad it is. If I die, Patton will either forget me, or he won’t understand why I’m not there, and both of those things are pretty terrible, so I have to try really, really hard not to die- regardless of what I find out tomorrow.





Comments

  1. We will take on this battle together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try really, really, really hard not to die. You matter to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t have any words for you, as they all seem wrong, but I’m always here if you need a friend. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers-thoughts and love ❤️ for you are always with your family. Please always let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment